Image of a portion of one totem pole at Kispiox Village in BC. Another totem pole is visible in the background. These poles appear to be a few from a larger group that is pictured on pages 114-115 of Carter's book Abundant Rivers.
Image of a pole from House 17 at Sgang Gwaay (Skunggwai). This is an interior pole from the Raven House. It was removed on a BC Totem Pole Preservation Committee trip in 1957. The pole is now part of the Museum of Anthropology's object collection (A50016).
Image of a stone bear memorial, in memory of Chief Mark We-get, located in the Skeena/Hazelton area of BC. Behind the memorial is a totem pole known as Pole-in-the-Sand. The totem pole is owned by Gary Hill Sr. of the house of Wiiseks/Wiigyet. The pole was cut down and as of March 2019 there are plans to make another one.
Image of a totem pole in Gitsegukla owned by Gary Hill Sr. of the house of Wiiseks/Wiigyet. The pole was cut down and as of March 2019 there are plans to make another one.
This pole is shown on page 127 of Carter's book Abundant Rivers, with the inaccurate caption: "This well-carved pole belongs to Mr. Russell, one of the councillors at Kitsegukla. The predominant long-billed bird is a mythical figure called 'Weneel.'"
Image of totem pole carved by George Hunt Sr. The pole is now part of the museum's collection. This pole was originally carved for the Edward S. Curtis film "In the Land of the War Canoes" which was originally titled "In the Land of the Head Hunters". The pole was repaired and re-painted by carvers Ellen Neel in 1949 and Mungo Martin in 1950-51. It stood at Totem Park, UBC Campus until it was re-located to the Museum's Great Hall in 1976.