Mostrar 40 resultados

descrição arquivística
Canada Children
Previsualizar a impressão Ver:

30 resultados com objetos digitais Mostrar resultados com objetos digitais

Group portrait of men, women, and children

Many women and children wearing native clothing stand outside. Men in native clothing sit on horseback, scattered among them. A man in western clothing stands in front of the crowd.

Fred Ryckman

Portrait of girl and boy

Image is a posed portrait of a seated older girl and younger boy standing on a footstool holding hands. The girl and boy are dressed formally. It appears to be an albumen print on a carte de visite. Photographer information printed on verso with the inscription "S. A. Spencer, FORT STREET, Victoria, B. C." A handwritten inscription reads "[illegible] Reid + boy"

Mrs. Hamilton and Child

Item is an image of a woman standing by a baby stroller wit a baby at the entrance of a house. According to annotations, photograph was taken at Norway House, Manitoba

Children in Class at Elkhorn Residential School

Item is a glass lantern slide of a group of children in a classroom. Twenty nine children are visible, four of them standing, the rest sitting down. Based on the original order of the collection, photograph might have been taken at Elkhorn (Washakada) Residential School. The Elkhorn Residential School started as the Washakada Home for Girls and the Kasota Home for Boys were established in the village of Elkhorn, MB in 1888. Following a fire, the school was rebuilt outside the town in 1895. Ongoing financial problems led to a government takeover of the school. It was closed in 1918 but reopened in 1923, under the administration of the Anglican Church’s Missionary Society. Many students came from northern Manitoba. The leaders of The Pas Indian Band made a number of complaints about the conditions at the school, which was eventually closed in 1949. (National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation)

Teenagers at Elkhorn Residential School

Item is a glass lantern slide of six teenage girls dressed up with uniforms in front of a tree. Based on the original order of the collection, photograph might have been taken at Elkhorn (Washakada) Residential School. The Elkhorn Residential School started as the Washakada Home for Girls and the Kasota Home for Boys were established in the village of Elkhorn, MB in 1888. Following a fire, the school was rebuilt outside the town in 1895. Ongoing financial problems led to a government takeover of the school. It was closed in 1918 but reopened in 1923, under the administration of the Anglican Church’s Missionary Society. Many students came from northern Manitoba. The leaders of The Pas Indian Band made a number of complaints about the conditions at the school, which was eventually closed in 1949. (National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation)

Master W. Demer

Item is an image of a child standing the the remains of a fortification

Children in Class at Elkhorn Residential School

Item is a glass lantern slide of a group of children in a classroom. The lesson seems to be on sewing with nine older children and one teacher or supervisor. Based on the original order of the collection, photograph might have been taken at Elkhorn Residential School. The Elkhorn Residential School started as the Washakada Home for Girls and the Kasota Home for Boys were established in the village of Elkhorn, MB in 1888. Following a fire, the school was rebuilt outside the town in 1895. Ongoing financial problems led to a government takeover of the school. It was closed in 1918 but reopened in 1923, under the administration of the Anglican Church’s Missionary Society. Many students came from northern Manitoba. The leaders of The Pas Indian Band made a number of complaints about the conditions at the school, which was eventually closed in 1949. (National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation)

Two Children at Elkhorn Residential School

Item is a glass lantern slide of two children in a field. Based on the original order of the collection, photograph might have been taken at Elkhorn (Washakada) Residential School. The Elkhorn Residential School started as the Washakada Home for Girls and the Kasota Home for Boys were established in the village of Elkhorn, MB in 1888. Following a fire, the school was rebuilt outside the town in 1895. Ongoing financial problems led to a government takeover of the school. It was closed in 1918 but reopened in 1923, under the administration of the Anglican Church’s Missionary Society. Many students came from northern Manitoba. The leaders of The Pas Indian Band made a number of complaints about the conditions at the school, which was eventually closed in 1949. (National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation)

Resultados 1 a 20 de 40