Mostrar 8 resultados

descrição arquivística
Missionaries Inglês
Opções de pesquisa avançada
Previsualizar a impressão Hierarchy Ver:

6 resultados com objetos digitais Mostrar resultados com objetos digitais

Translations

Subseries includes handwritten translations of the audio and video interviews.
Translations were done by Daisy Sewid-Smith and sent to Martine J. Reid for editing.

Daisy May Sewid-Smith

The Bishop and Mrs. Ridley Mission House Max?axaa?a

Item is an image of two people and a dog standing by the entrance of a building. According to annotations, the people are the bishop William Ridley and his wife Mrs. Ridley and they are standing at the entrance of the Mission House in Max?axaa?a (also known as Metlakatla).

Reverend Thomas Crosby fonds

  • 96
  • Fundo
  • 1863 - [199-], predominantly 1863 - [191-]

The records in this fonds pertain to Rev. Crosby’s missionary activities and personal life in British Columbia, Canada. Personal life and missionary activity records include: photographs, bibles, hymns, scriptures, and one textile object.

Thomas Crosby

Missionary's House, York Factory

Item is an image of the entrance of a house. According to annotations, the house was the Missionary's at York Factory, Manitoba

Missionary and Wife, York Factory

Item is an image of a man and a woman. The man is carrying a rifle and is standing by a pair of snowshoes and and the woman is holding snowshoes. According to annotations, photograph was taken at York Factory, Manitoba

Anglican Minister

Item is a glass lantern slide of a minister by the entrance of a church. Based on the original order of the collection, photograph might have been taken at Elkhorn (Washakada) Residential School. The Elkhorn Residential School started as the Washakada Home for Girls and the Kasota Home for Boys were established in the village of Elkhorn, MB in 1888. Following a fire, the school was rebuilt outside the town in 1895. Ongoing financial problems led to a government takeover of the school. It was closed in 1918 but reopened in 1923, under the administration of the Anglican Church’s Missionary Society. Many students came from northern Manitoba. The leaders of The Pas Indian Band made a number of complaints about the conditions at the school, which was eventually closed in 1949. (National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation)