Imprimir vista previa Cerrar

Mostrando 1360 resultados

Archival description
First Nations
Imprimir vista previa Ver :

860 resultados con objetos digitales Muestra los resultados con objetos digitales

People at Bompas Grave in Carcross

Item is a hand-tinted glass lantern slide of nineteen people (adults and children) taking flowers to a grave. Based on the rest of the collection and general aspect, photograph might have been taken in Carcross, Yukon and the grave might be of Bishop Bompas, first Bishop of Selkirk (later Yukon) who died in 1906. Bishop Bompas founded the ChoutlaResidential School. Item is similar to item no. 620, fonds 008 Missionary Society of the Church of England in Canada (MSCC) fonds, from the Anglican Church of Canada General Synod Archives.

Ravens and Robins With Shields Won in Intramural Competition at St. Michael's Residential School

Item is a hand-tinted glass lantern slide of twenty children and one adult holding house pennants with the names "Robins" and "Ravens" and shields in front of a building. Item is a duplicated of item no. S7-60, fonds 008 Missionary Society of the Church of England in Canada (MSCC) fonds, from the Anglican Church of Canada General Synod Archives. According to description from the Anglican Church of Canada General Synod Archives, Ravens (senior girls) and Robins (junior girls) pose with the shields won in intramural competition. The Anglican Church established a day school at its mission in Alert Bay, British Columbia in 1878. It opened a small boarding school there in 1882 and an industrial school in 1894. In 1929, a new building was constructed. The school was known for the arts and crafts produced by the students and the two large totem poles in front of the school building. In 1947, two-dozen children ran away from the school. The subsequent investigation into conditions at the school led to the resignation of both the principal and the vice-principal. By 1969, when the federal government assumed administration of the school, all residents were attending local schools. The residence closed in 1974. (National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation)

Children Playing at St. Michael's Residential School

Item is a hand-tinted glass lantern slide of five children in playing attitude with the sea in the background. Based on the original order of the collection, photograph might have been taken in Alert Bay and the children might have been students at St. Michael's Residential School. The Anglican Church established a day school at its mission in Alert Bay, British Columbia in 1878. It opened a small boarding school there in 1882 and an industrial school in 1894. In 1929, a new building was constructed. The school was known for the arts and crafts produced by the students and the two large totem poles in front of the school building. In 1947, two-dozen children ran away from the school. The subsequent investigation into conditions at the school led to the resignation of both the principal and the vice-principal. By 1969, when the federal government assumed administration of the school, all residents were attending local schools. The residence closed in 1974. (National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation)

Resultados 1 a 20 de 1360