Includes records produced by or related to the Program Wide stream of the Renewal Project (MRP). The purpose of this stream was to “provide overall program management for the MRP and its streams, and to capture the objectives and scope elements which, being common to all or most of the streams, would be more effectively managed in a consolidated manner.” The objectives of the Program Wide stream were:
• To ensure that the MRP aligns with and delivers on the strategic objectives of the Museum as outlined in the MRP objectives to the fullest extent possible
• To work with First Nations communities, other program collaborators, and MOA’s diverse communities to deliver the MRP in a manner that is in accordance with the guiding principles and vision of the Museum.
• To optimize the allocation of bother human and financial resources to maximize the overall effectiveness of the program.
• To implement information technology systems that integrate with each other, are sustainable, and support the mission of the Museum and the objectives of the renewal program.
• To ensure the Museum remains operational and functional throughout as much of the renewal program as possible.
• To ensure relevant funding agencies are satisfied with both the process and the outcomes of the MRP.
(Purpose and objectives of the Program Wide stream are from the MRP Program Scope Definition, 1.2.)
Jill Baird was the Program-Wide stream lead.
Material in the series includes early planning documents, budgets, committee and other meeting minutes, correspondence, records related to various sources of funding and staffing, communication with UBC and the University’s Board of Directors, records related to First Nations community consultations and partnerships, PR and communications documents, and records related to IT planning.
The series is divided into subseries based on the various functions of the Program Wide stream.