The pole was re-adzed and re-painted by Kwakwaka'wakw carver Mungo Martin before shipping to UBC in 1947. Repainted and repaired by Ellen Neel (1949) and by Mungo Martin (1950-51). It stood at Totem Pole Park, UBC Campus until it was re-located to the Museum's Great Hall ca. 1976.
Image of totem pole carved by George Hunt Sr. The pole is now part of the museum's collection. This pole was originally carved for the Edward S. Curtis film "In the Land of the War Canoes" which was originally titled "In the Land of the Head Hunters". The pole was repaired and re-painted by carvers Ellen Neel in 1949 and Mungo Martin in 1950-51. It stood at Totem Park, UBC Campus until it was re-located to the Museum's Great Hall in 1976.
Image of carving by Bill Reid, 7waasru (Wasgo). The carving was commissioned by the University of British Columbia for display in Totem Park, originally. The sculpture was moved to the Museum of Anthropology in 1978.